Heat & Fluid Dynamics
The list on the right contains projects, which
give a good impression of our work:
adapting existing plants.
In all cases we did the preliminary study and the conceptual
design of the measures required.
Our further involvement varies per project.
In many cases, also a technical requisition for quotations was prepared and
an evaluation of the bids of suppliers conducted.
In fewer cases, in addition the detailed engineering
of the supplier was guided and support during
Further details can be explained
case by case after consultation with the customer concerned.
- Smart cooling tower
makes chilled water unit unnecessary and thus makes project feasible.
- Choice for absorption cooling for a
minus 60 Celsius unit restores steam balance and prevents the cost of blowing off steam.
- Fuel gas with variable composition safely fired
with 10% excess air, thus preventing excessive stack losses.
- Revamp of high pressure steam boilers to
Low NOx extends the life with at least ten years.
- Optimizing of an
incinerator increases the capacity by 25%.
- Unstable 200.000 m³/h air flow measurement becomes stable and less expensive by
- Stains on lime sand bricks for 'in sight' work avoided by adaptation of
the steam system.
- Malfunctioning of economizer
solved by modeling flow.
- Model of large silica
air drying unit predicts behavior during extreme summer heat.
- Utilization of residual gas from silicon carbide manufacture
saves 30% on electricity bill.
- Conversion of turbocompressor from steam turbine drive to elecric motor pays back in 2 years.
- Conceptual and basic engineering of turbocompressors for plant air is the basis for
80 t/h plant air facility.
- Improvement of surge control system of turbocompressors saves 500 kW of electricity.
- Heat transfer at at high temperature and high pressure in ammonia synthesis successfully implemented after
too many leaks in the original design.
- Issues of quench coolers in naphta crackers and heat exchangers in nitric acid plants:
a compromise between just thick enough to withstand pressure and elasic enough to handle thermal stress.